Like I said in my Best Albums of 2020 list, I don’t need to be the one to tell you how awful 2020 was. What we have here is my usual 100-song rundown of how my 2020 sounded. I didn’t really turn to much ultra-sad music during this time, everything looks pretty usual. I honestly gravitated more towards finding new rare grooves to make me happy, as well as building out my running playlist. I spent more time listening to music on that than most other places. You’ll also find all my listening and other media consumption stats below as well. I just like to keep track of everything. Now you can see too.
Just a quick note though – 2020 was Warm Visions’ best year yet. 7,050 total views, cracked 1,000 views in one month in December, I have posts showing up early in Google searches, someone linked the blog to an artist’s Wikipedia page, I’ve been talking with more publicists, I FINALLY completed my Best 200 Albums + Songs lists of the 2010s, I had a non-friend stranger comment a few times… it was wild. Technically by a views standpoint likely nothing will ever beat 2012 due to a Lana Del Rey Google image search SEO random thing, but I’m incredibly thankful and happy how 2020 went (in terms of blog stuff). Going to try and keep it rolling in my 11th year in operation. Wild! Thanks a bunch for reading if you’ve been coming here for a while, and welcome in if you’re new.
- Depeche Mode – “Blue Dress”
Started off 2020 by listening to Violator maybe every day for two weeks. Just a classic, we know this. “Blue Dress” especially hit me during this stretch. Also the last minute sounds like it should be the soundtrack to a Castlevania library or laboratory level.
- Georgia – “24 Hours”
This track is a freakin party. I was so ready to jam this track to all the great times ahead in 2020. Welp. Still super fun to blast with lots of cognitive dissonance.
- The Chameleons – “Don’t Fall”
Had a big Chameleons moment early in 2020. Whole album is great, but what an opener.
- Hiroshi Yoshimura – “Singing Stream (Spring Mix)”
Listened to a lot of Hiroshi Yoshimura to start the year. At the top of 2019 I had gone to the Whitney on New Years Day or something and listened to Green three times through. I remember that time fondly. I wanted to start off the year on a similar, positive note. Unfortunately that listening trend tanked, but I still love it.
- Música Esporádica – “I Forgot The Shirts”
Walked around lower NYC on a cold weekend morning listening to this album. It was so lovely.
- “Blue” Gene Tyranny – “Next Time Might Be Your Time”
Feeling very happy to have checked out “Blue” Gene’s music early this year. This song is a bundle of joy and deserves everyone’s ears. He passed away in December. RIP Blue.
- Frances Quinlan – “Your Reply”
Meeting Frances Quinlan and then seeing her perform with someone who hadn’t really known her before + loving it – top 2020 highlight.
- Destroyer – “It Just Doesn’t Happen”
Listened to A LOT of Destroyer around the release of Have We Met – also the last concert I saw.
- Andras – “Saga Of Sweetheart”
Listening to this while walking by a busy avenue with cars & bikes whipping by felt like being in a video game.
- The Flamingos – “Where Or When”
Listened to A LOT of The Flamingos and this song is pure fire. As in, one sole candle lit in a room lined with velvet. Soft-focus and sincere. Incredible.
- Esther Suarez – “Cholito Ingrato”
Blessed Peruvian folk music, full of beauty and heartbreak. Channels similar sonic elements of those great Washington Phillips recordings, and some Joanna Newsom even. Beautiful vocals over minimal instrumentals of harp, handclaps and percussion. Nothing else like it.
- Ernest Hood – “From The Bluff”
Pretty cool discovery early in 2020. Field recordings and atmospheric music from the 70s. I deep-cleaned my room while listening to this album and it was like a movie was being projected across every single wall. I was immersed in this universe.
- Loving – “January”
Mostly an interlude track, but man is it peaceful. I’m not on the subway, walking to work on a cold day. I’m sitting by a fire, looking out a window as it snows.
- Manuel Göttsching – “E2 – E4”
Bought a tie-dye longsleeve shirt inspired by this long track. This led me to learn more about the Paradise Garade, NYC club and rave culture, and a lot of FOMO even though I never really clubbed before. One of the classic “real long songs”. I would often put it on while on the subway and just zone into it, not even noticing the wild guitar solo parts. I think I tried listening to this in high school and just failing. Is this included in “Losing My Edge”? I feel like it is.
- Kit Sebastian – “Senden Baska”
A late 2019 discovery (thanks to a few AOTY lists!) became an obsession in early 2020. This is such a great, underrated album. An effortless fusion of Turkish and Brazilian funk.
- MAYBEL – “Winter City”
Thank you Gorilla Vs Bear.
- C814 – “Sweden”
I started playing Minecraft this year. I don’t want to talk about it.
- Bruno Pernadas – “Problem Number 6”
Thank you Jesse and Alex for constantly pestering me about this.
- Cindy Lee – “Speaking From Above”
My favorite song from my favorite album of 2020. No brainer! I remember listening to this on a bus in mid-February thinking like “this is the best moment of 2020 so far”.
- Thundercat – “Dragonball Durag”
This is a great song, but it’s the one I associate with “the turning point” of 2020. It came out at the end of February and I was listening pretty consistently around that time. Woops. Still a fantastic track with a hilarious music video.
- Waxahatchee – “Can’t Do Much”
Classic!! Classic track that made me feel very good. Thanks Wax.
- FACS – “Version”
I was up REAL late listening to this album and it felt like my whole body was tired afterwards.
- Ted Lucas – “I’ll Find A Way (To Carry It All)”
If you didn’t turn to Ted Lucas in 2020, you still have time to do so in 2021.
- Björk – “Pagan Poetry”
From my 10 Best Songs of Björk listening period + realizing how amazing of a track this is. I still need Vespertine on vinyl.
- Francesco Messina & Raul Lovisoni – “Prati Bagnati Del Monte Analogo”
Lit my palo santo stick and put this on my turntable multiple times this year.
- TOPS – “Pirouette”
Re-listening to this song once more outside the album cemented my love for the whole thing, hilariously. I was like, “OK, this album is seriously good on every turn”.
- Prefab Sprout – “The Golden Calf”
Fantasized about riding the subway to this track real late at night this year.
- Whitney Houston – “So Emotional”
I got into Drag Race this year. If you know Drag Race, you know why I’m putting this song. I also included it on my running playlist and it is a great motivator.
- SAULT – “Don’t Waste My Time”
Another late 2019 discovery that blossomed into an obsession. This was before the two 2020 releases.
- Inner Life – “If You’re Gonna Love Me”
I will love any and all grooves. This is a deep groove. Thank you.
- Colored Music – “Sanctuary”
From the city pop-making playlist session. Lovely, smoky experimental pop.
- Motohiko Hamase – “Rain Calls For Bird”
I had a moment at around 2am one night this summer listening to this song for the first time where I was just covered in goosebumps. Absolutely stunning. There are two versions of this song – one recorded in 2018, one in 1986. Just amazing.
- Emily King – “Being Human” (from Steven Universe Future OST)
Was very emotional about finishing Steven Universe. Really loved the whole thing. The series, the movie and the epilogue season Future. Ached for the loss of characters I won’t be seeing or hearing from anymore.
- Clams Casino & Imogen Heap – “I’m God”
The fact that this is now “officially” out warms my heart. The Imogen Heap co-sign was the cherry on top. Instrumental Relics was a delicious treat of 2020.
- Callisto – “Can’t Wait”
Early building block on my running playlist.
- The Blasting Company – “Black Train & End Credits”
Over The Garden Wall is wildly good.
- Neutral Milk Hotel – “Two-Headed Boy, Pt. 2”
The design palette really reminded me of Neutral Milk Hotel’s overall aesthetic and got me to listen to Aeroplane two or three times in one day after I finished it. Very specific turn-of-the-century 1900s feel. Not sure what else to say – I hope people familiar with both understands what I’m going for.
- Yves Tumor – “Super Stars”
Although “Kerosene!” was my favorite track on this album, “Super Stars” is a wildly addictive track.
- Charli XCX – “anthems”
Many late nights spent tearing up thinking about live music and seeing friends and clubbing(?? even though I never clubbed?). Charli hit a nerve.
- John Carroll Kirby – “Blueberry Beads”
Breathe in, breathe out.
- Leonard Cohen – “The Stranger Song”
McCabe & Mrs. Miller is a great movie! Leonard Cohen soundtrack!
- Perfume Genius – “On The Floor”
One of the best songs of the year, I don’t know what else to say!
- Jayda G – “Both Of Us”
Best song of 2020! No doubt!! First time I heard it I couldn’t stop smiling!!
- Virginia Astley – “Love’s A Lonely Place To Be”
Not sure how I discovered this, but it’s so awesome. If you dig Julia Holter, please listen to this.
- Dinosaur L – “Go Bang (François Kevorkian Mix)”
I wanna see all my friends at once. I’d do anything to get the chance to go bang.
- David Axelrod – “The Poison Tree”
Had a huge David Axelrod phase in the summer. Awesome cinematic orchestral funk. Can’t deny that!
- India Jordan – “I’m Waiting (Just 4 U)”
Big running playlist add, also just pure joy. Makes you wanna move.
- Max Cilla – “Crépuscule Tropical”
Beautiful flute music from Martinique.
- Olivier Rogg – “M7”
Brilliant midi synth brain jams. Just bursting with joy and love. I’ll take any speck of joy from music this year.
- Larry Young – “Khalid of Space, Part 2 (Welcome)”
Mind-expanding jazz from a hunt of rare grooves. This is amazing stuff y’all.
- Westerman – “Confirmation”
Westerman was a huuuuuuge bulk of my listening load in the late spring and early summer. It was lovely.
- Nation of Language – “The Wall & I”
I thought the Nation of Language album was good overall but this closer was just marvelous. It was like seeing the sunrise after a long night.
- Dolly Parton – “Coat of Many Colors”
I miss my mammaw!
- Ann Steel – “My Time”
Great discovery – wild futuristic electro-pop from 1979
- TootArd – “Moonlight”
It was like a revelation when I heard this record for the first time.
- Bibio – “Oakmoss”
The violin melody on this track melts my heart. Such a great tone, too.
- SAULT – “Why We Cry Why We Die”
SAULT album this year was obviously huge. Dagger in the heart.
- Elysia Crampton – “Grove (feat. Embaci)”
Gorgeous, slow-building song. Almost sounds like the sun is beating down on you.
- Chloe x Halle – “Do It”
I had never listened to Chloe x Halle before this year. I forget where I had first seen praise for this record, but I’m glad I checked them out. #2 song of 2020!
- Nubya Garcia – “Pace”
When I first heard this track I felt like I was in a trance. I knew it’d be a year-end favorite.
- Preservation – “Correspondence (feat. Your Old Droog & Mach-Hommy)”
Mach-Hommy goes off on his verse here.
- Keleketla! – “Crystallise”
For some reason this brings me right back to 2004-2006. Something about the emcee reminds me of hip hop back then. I don’t know what exactly it is. Maybe it reminds me of bumper music from Adult Swim during that time? Samurai Champloo? Definitely a late night cartoons vibe. It’s great.
- Deerhunter – “Disappearing Ink”
Pulled from my Deerhunter’s 10 Best Songs listening phase. This is a great song!
- Jessy Lanza – “Badly”
When I first heard this song while going through the Jessy Lanza album for the first time, my jaw was on the floor. So many tiny pieces holding together a beautiful mobile of a song. Jessy is a queen.
- Weyes Blood – “Used To Be”
My partner does this thing where if a song is stuck in her head, she’ll unconsciously sing parts of it over and over again. For the first week or so we lived together, Weyes Blood was on constant sing rotation, and I’d just sing along. We had one night where we put together a bunch of furniture and listened to the last two WB records. A real nice memory. What awesome albums.
- Jessie Ware – “Spotlight”
My biggest obsession this summer. An absolutely perfect build and release. It makes me melt. Lip-synced to my partner and she just rolls her eyes.
- Stevie Wonder – “My Cherie Amour”
One night my partner listened to nothing except Stevie Wonder. It was a lovely time.
- Land of Talk – “Love In 2 Stages”
Listened to this record on vinyl I think three or four times before putting something else on the turntable. Love the smoldering guitars on this track.
- Unwound – “Hexenzsene”
Listened to four Unwound albums the day Vern Rumsey passed away. Had only dabbled in their stuff before, but this was like discovering a new room in your house. Totally unexpected and wonderful.
- Cut Worms – “Sold My Soul”
I don’t know why, but I could not stop listening to this song when it first came out. Something so intoxicating about it. In my Top 10 favorite songs of the year.
- Soundgarden – “Jesus Christ Pose”
Returned to Soundgarden for the first time since high school and while I’m still not down with a lot of how rock sounded in that section of the 90s, this song is wild, albeit a bit too long.
- Insides – “Distractions”
Ok this Insides album is criminally overlooked. If you like dream pop you owe it to yourself to listen to this. Some songs really remind me of Mr Twin Sister (whom I love) but this is from 1993. On constant rotation since the fall.
- Power Trip – “Executioner’s Tax (Swing of the Axe)”
RIP RILEY GALE. POWER TRIP FOREVER.
- BUMPER – “Red Brick”
A direct of infusion of joy into a vast plain of despair. Thank you Bumper.
- Tortoise – “I Set My Face To The Hillside”
Listened to a lot of Tortoise this year. Shout out to Chicago.
- Madonna – “Skin”
Listened to Ray Of Light for the first time this year after serious props from my coworker and yeah, this is a lot of fun. I’m a little burnt out on poptimism right now to be honest, but this album was a delight to listen to for the first time.
- Belle & Sebastian – “Me and the Major”
Really only got into Belle & Sebastian this year and yeah, I can totally see now why they’d be such a hot-ticket item to see live. So much damn fun.
- Liz Phair – “Shatter”
Listened through Exile In Guyville for the first time since probably early college and was floored by “Shatter”. Just a glacier of a song. I can hear the inspiration that more recent acts have clearly pulled from it. It’s so great. Love this album.
- Wilco – “Via Chicago”
Listened to Summerteeth for the first time this year. I feel like I can punch another hole in my “white person music history” card now.
- Shabason, Krgovich & Harris – “Friday Afternoon”
Ok this song is damn near perfect. I kind of regret not including it in my Top 10 favorite songs of 2020. I’ve had so many solitary moments listening to this song. Maybe I’m just dramatic, but it seems to enhance the sentimentality of everything around it. I definitely was tearing up while listening to it just a few hours ago as I was sorting through childhood mementos and notes written by my late Mammaw. Wrap your loving arms around it.
- Marie Davidson & L’Œil Nu – “Back To Rock”
The last half of this song kicks so much ass.
- Global Communication – “4:14”
Another 90s discovery. Wish more people talked about this record! Bubbly, sauna-like IDM electronic. Steamy and alien, but benevolent in nature.
- Anna Von Hausswolff – “Theatre of Nature”
The first time listening to this record would make an imprint on anyone. I listened to this a lot while traveling by ferry between home and work (the few times I actually went into the office) and the turbulent organs matched with the waves of the river tossing the boat around as wind whipped through my person was pretty unmatched.
- Aluna – “Envious (Kiddy Smile Remix)”
The punch on this song is extraordinary. I’ve repeated this three times on runs multiple times. Just extraordinary remix.
- Jim O’Rourke – “Something Big”
One last entry into my 90s album discoveries. Eureka is pretty much proto-00s Sufjan, right? Either way, this album is a delight and this song was stuck in my head a ton. Love the trumpets!
- Better Person – “Hearts On Fire”
Just so dramatic and lovesick. It makes me want to wander by the water and have it crash over me as I cry over a love letter.
- Pale Saints – “Kinky Love”
Found this song for my Ochre Overture playlist and wow, it’s amazing.
- Sade – “Love Is Stronger Than Pride”
Multiple nights where I had this stuck in my head. I don’t think my partner dug it. Not sure why we’re still together at this point. Sade forever. I love my partner, don’t worry. I’m being dramatic.
- Tidiane Thiam – “Dannibe”
Spent a few nights in late November listening to the vinyl of this with my partner. Very lovely instrumental guitar music, perfect for decompressing after a stressful day.
- Neil Young – “Peace Of Mind”
Listened to five different Neil Young albums on his birthday. It was a great time.
- Eartheater – “Volcano”
It was around this point in the year where I realized that the Eartheater album was all I could think about for a long stretch. It just kept getting better and better with each listen. It’s still growing in my favor to this day.
- Sea Oleena – “Lost Song”
As the skies grew grayer, the soothing mist of this album turned sweeter.
- Home Boy and the C.O.L. – “Money’s Funny Change Is Strange”
The synth bass on this is borderline pornographic.
- Yuki Nakayamate – “Secrets (9 to 4)”
More essential 80s Japanese pop. There’s a typewriter on this track and it’s amazing. The trumpet is also fantastic.
- Mamalarky – “Hero”
Got a chance to walk around NYC and listen to music and I think I replayed this Mamalarky album three times. The little jerky guitar lines made me feel like a cat hopped up on catnip. I was bouncing and twitching along with it as I haunted around Greenwich Village.
- Harold Budd & Brian Eno – “Their Memories”
RIP Harold Budd.
- Mountain Man – “Stella”
Watched two different Mountain Man livestream concerts with my partner and it was a really lovely time. One of the best live acts, half because of their skillful gelling voices and half because of their hilarious banter. These ladies love each other.
- The Roches – “Hammond Song”
Thank you The Avalanches for introducing me to this song (they sampled it).
- Alexander Robotnick – “Problèmes d’Amour”
A random download yielded finding this masterpiece. Funky computer music.
- Madvillain – “Figaro”
Of course we couldn’t end 2020 without another terrible death. RIP MF DOOM. Listened to Madvillainy right when I heard the news and forgot how he just raps in spirals on this track. Just ever-going. A true talent and genius.
I did not listen to as much music this year compared to most of the 2010s. According to my last.fm, this was my lightest listening year ever, probably because of the lack of commute music time and the video games + movies I ingested in the meantime. The most shocking thing you’ll find below is that Grouper was not in my Top 20 most listened-to artists for the first time since probably 2015. That’s how you know 2020 was truly messed up. “Headache” did make its way into my most listened-to songs, so at least there’s that. What you’ll find below are lots of 2020 album artists and staples like Prefab Sprout, Yo La Tengo, Cocteau Twins and Björk. I also listened to A LOT of Hiroshi Yoshimura in January and February on my commutes and stuff. And The Flamingos are just great. Their version of “I Only Have Eyes For You” might be my all-time favorite song. Other than that – pretty usual stuff here! Check out the stats below.
- TOTAL DIGITAL PLAYS: 22,934 plays / 63 plays per day average
- TOTAL ARTISTS PLAYED: 1,714 artists
- TOTAL ALBUMS PLAYED FROM: 2,449 albums
- TOTAL SONGS PLAYED: 11,260 songs
MOST LISTENED-TO ARTISTS OF 2020:
- Prefab Sprout – 344 plays
–> (prev. #2 in 2019 w/ 339 plays)
- Mountain Man – 288 plays*
–> (prev. #18 in 2018 w/ 202 plays)
- Cindy Lee – 281 plays
- Hiroshi Yoshimura – 252 plays
- SAULT – 246 plays
- Charli XCX – 236 plays
–> (prev. #3 in 2019 w/ 330 plays & #1 in 2018 w/ 462 plays)
- Destroyer – 193 plays
- TOPS – 177 plays
- Yves Tumor – 177 plays
- Jessy Lanza – 176 plays
–> (prev. #8 in 2019 w/ 244 plays, #13 in 2017 w/ 325 & #7 in 2016 w/ 484)
- The Avalanches – 166 plays
–> (prev. #17 in 2019 w/ 188 plays, #8 in 2018 w/ 315 & #2 in 2016 w/ 710)
- Björk – 155 plays
–> (prev. #1 in 2017 w/ 681 plays)
- The Flamingos – 151 plays
- Jessie Ware – 146 plays
- Cocteau Twins – 144 plays
–> (prev. #21 in 2018 w/ 193 plays & #8 in 2017 w/ 382 plays)
- Westerman – 141 plays
- Yo La Tengo – 141 plays
–> (prev. #2 in 2018 w/ 431 plays & #14 in 2017 w/ 314 plays)
- Julien Nègre – 141 plays*
- Clams Casino – 124 plays
–> (prev. #5 in 2016 w/ 490 plays)
- Georgia – 124 plays
(*= my partner shared my Spotify in December and racked up 229 plays for Mountain Man and all the plays for Julien Nègre in just one month.)
MOST LISTENED-TO ALBUMS OF 2020:
- Cindy Lee – What’s Tonight To Eternity? (2020) – 254 plays
- Charli XCX – how i’m feeling now (2020) – 165 plays
- Yves Tumor – Heaven To A Tortured Mind (2020) – 161 plays
- TOPS – I Feel Alive (2020) – 156 plays
- The Flamingos – Flamingo Serenade (1959) – 151 plays
- Jessie Ware – What’s Your Pleasure? (2020) – 145 plays
- Mountain Man – Look At Me Don’t Look At Me (2020) – 136 plays
- Julien Nègre – Merveilles Sonores De La Pluie (2010) – 128 plays
- Prefab Sprout – Steve McQueen (1985) – 128 plays
- Georgia – Seeking Thrills (2020) – 124 plays
- Westerman – Your Hero Is Not Dead (2020) – 122 plays
- John Carroll Kirby – My Garden (2020) – 121 plays
- Prefab Sprout – From Langley Park To Memphis (1988) – 114 plays
- Frances Quinlan – Likewise (2020) – 109 plays
- Clams Casino – Instrumental Relics (2020) – 108 plays
- SAULT – Untitled (Black Is) (2020) – 107 plays
- Jessy Lanza – All The Time (2020) – 103 plays
- Hiroshi Yoshimura – Music For Nine Post Cards (1982) – 100 plays
- Cocteau Twins – Heaven Or Las Vegas (1990) – 92 plays
- TootArd – Migrant Birds (2020) – 90 plays
MOST LISTENED-TO SONGS OF 2020 (ONE PER ARTIST/ALBUM):
- Yves Tumor – “Super Stars” – 41 plays
- Georgia – “24 Hours” – 37 plays
- The Flamingos – “Where Or When” – 37 plays
- Cindy Lee – “The Limit” – 35 plays
- Charli XCX – “anthems” – 34 plays
- Jessie Ware – “Spotlight” – 30 plays
- Frances Quinlan – “Your Reply” – 27 plays
- Grouper – “Headache” – 27 plays
- Jayda G – “Both Of Us” – 26 plays
- Jessy Lanza – “Lick In Heaven” – 25 plays
- Aluna – “Envious (Kiddy Smile Remix)” – 24 plays
- TOPS – “Pirouette” – 24 plays
- Westerman – “Blue Comanche” – 23 plays
- Chloe x Halle – “Do It” – 22 plays
- Kalbells – “Cool and Bendable” – 22 plays
- John Carroll Kirby – “Blueberry Beads” – 21 plays
- The Avalanches – “Subways” – 21 plays
- Andras – “Live Forever” – 20 plays
- Disclosure – “Ecstasy” – 19 plays
- Prefab Sprout – “The Golden Calf” – 19 plays
- January – 2,489 plays
- February – 2,505 plays <– peak (70 plays higher than my lowest point for 2019 🙃 )
- March – 1,786 plays
- April – 1564 plays
- May – 2,225 plays
- June – 1,816 plays
- July – 1,672 plays
- August – 1,270 plays <– low
- September – 1,961 plays
- October – 1,956 plays
- November – 1,776 plays
- December – 1,914 plays
OTHER MEDIA CONSUMED IN 2020::
I didn’t read a single book in 2020. That’s so sad. I primarily did my reading on the subway. I’d even bring books to shows just so I could read on the way there. Never found a way to incorporate reading into my sedentary life. Damn it! Need to make a change in 2021 because I have a lot of books to get through.
To get back at my 2019, where I didn’t watch many movies at all, I watched many. It helps that I live with my partner now and watching movies with them is a delight! Sometimes I wished we had a TV so the picture was a bit bigger, but it’s fine. I also invested in a Criterion Channel membership, so that’s been paying off with some ~cinema~ viewings. I’d say my favorite first-viewings were Black Orpheus, Girlhood, House, In The Mood For Love, McCabe & Mrs. Miller and Soul. Portrait I had first watched in 2019, but it’s still A++.
- Black Orpheus – this was a delight. Watch ASAP. Maybe my fav thing I watched.
- Carnival Of Souls
- Crip Camp: A Disability Revolution
- Da 5 Bloods
- Do The Right Thing
- The Game Changers – go vegan baby!
- Happy Birthday, Marsha!
- Hiroshima Mon Amour
- House – so happy I’ve finally watched this. You need to too.
- In The Mood For Love – of course I loved this one.
- Knives Out
- The Lobster
- Lost In Translation
- McCabe & Mrs. Miller – a slow burn. I was 100% in by the final act.
- Ocean Waves – shoulda been a gay movie
- The Player
- Portrait of a Lady On Fire (2x) – last movie I saw in a theater
- Steven Universe: The Movie
- Tampopo – wish I liked this one more!
- Trixie Mattel: Moving Parts
- Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
- When Harry Met Sally
- Wild Combination: A Portrait of Arthur Russell – so much has changed already
- 5 Centimeters Per Second – definitely my least fav! Screensaver garbage!
I was pretty obsessed with Drag Race in the early-middle of the year, as I saw a lot of my friends were. I’m kind of burnt out on it now to be honest, especially after seeing the endless promo for Canada & Holland Drag Races, but looking forward to Season 13. Finishing Steven Universe after not watching it for four years was a major chapter closed. Was very emotional when it ended + was thinking about it for a while. The waterworks, baby. Over The Garden Wall should be mandatory fall viewing for every person and How To With John Wilson was absolutely insane. Oh and I tried watching the first episode of Berlin Alexanderplatz with my partner after seeing so much praise for it and we were both like “nope”. We don’t have time to try and empathize with some despicable dude in 2020. Probably watching even more TV in 2021! Who knows?
- How To With John Wilson
- One episode of Berlin Alexanderplatz and said “nope, not for me”
- Over The Garden Wall (2x)
- RuPaul’s Drag Race – Season 12 & All Stars 5 + skimming all previous seasons
- Steven Universe
- Steven Universe Future
I beat Celeste and got the second-best strawberry ending, so I’m happy about that. I play Fire Emblem: Sealed Sword once every year since I was obsessed with owning it in high school. Now I can just e*ulate it. Why the game hasn’t come to the US in any official capacity is beyond me – it’s the game with Roy! Hello! The rest of 2020 saw me picking up Minecraft for the first time (no joke) and playing even more Roller Coaster Tycoon + beating scenarios that had haunted me for years. Continuing to play a game I started playing at while 8 or 9 years old and starting to play a game that 8 or 9 year-olds play now. Time is a flat circle.
- Fire Emblem: Sealed Sword
- Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic
2020 ALBUM LISTENING LOG:
It’s not all here, but this should be every album from 2020 I listened to. A new record, in fact: 585 unique albums, beating 2019’s 578. Not sure how I did that, but the numbers are here. I just like to keep track of things. I was also tempted to italicize all the album titles here, but I can’t be bothered. You get it. The rest of the formatting in this post was pretty spot-on.
- 070 Shake – Modus Vivendi
- 21 Savage & Metro Boomin – Savage Mode II
- AceMoMA – A New Dawn
- Actress – Karma & Desire
- Adrianne Lenker – instrumentals
- Adrianne Lenker – songs
- Adulkt Life – Book Of Curses
- Advertisement – American Advertisement
- Aesop Rock – Spirit World Field Guide
- Against All Logic – 2017 – 2019
- Agnes Obel – Myopia
- Aho Ssan – Simulacrum
- Alabaster DePlume – To Cy & Lee: Instrumentals Vol. 1
- Alex Maas – Luca
- Alexandra Savior – The Archer
- Algiers – There Is No Year
- Alice Bag – Sister Dynamite
- Alice Boman – Dream On
- Alle – Alletiders
- Aluna – Renaissance
- Amnesia Scanner – Tearless
- Ana Roxanne – Because of a Flower
- Andras – Joyful
- Andy Shauf – The Neon Skyline
- Angel Bat Dawid – LIVE
- Angel Olsen – Whole New Mess
- Angela Muñoz – Introspection
- Animal Collective – Bridge To Quiet
- Anjimile – Giver Taker
- Anna Burch – If You’re Dreaming
- Anna Von Hausswolff – All Thoughts Fly
- Aoife Nessa Frances – Land of No Junction
- Arbor Labor Union – New Petal Instants
- Arca – KiCk i
- Armand Hammer – Shrines
- ARTHUR – Hair of the Dog
- Asa Tone – Temporary Music
- Ásgeir – Bury The Moon
- Autechre – SIGN
- Ava Luna – Live at Market Hotel
- Azymuth, Adrian Younge & Ali Shaheed Muhammad – Azymuth JID004
- Babeheaven – Home For Now
- Backxwash – God Has Nothing To Do With This Leave Him Out Of It
- Badge Époque Ensemble – Self Help
- BAMBARA – Stray
- Banoffee – Look At Us Now Dad
- Bartees Strange – Live Forever
- Basia Bulat – Are You In Love?
- Beatrice Dillon – Workaround
- Bell Towers – Junior Mix
- Belle and Sebastian – What To Look For In Summer
- Benny Yurco – You Are My Dreams
- Bessie Jones – Get In Union
- Better Person – Something To Lose
- Bibio – Sleep On The Wing
- Bill Callahan – Gold Record
- Bing & Ruth – Species
- Black Marble – I Must Be Living Twice
- Blake Mills – Mutable Set
- Blank Banshee – Gaia
- Blue Hawaii – Under 1 House
- bod [包家巷] – Music For Self-Esteem
- Boldy James & Sterling Toles – Manger On McNichols
- Boldy James & The Alchemist – The Price of Tea In China
- Bonny Light Horseman – Bonny Light Horseman
- Braids – Shadow Offering
- Breaking – Breaking
- Brigitte Barbu – Muzak pour ascenceurs en panne
- Brother Theotis Taylor – Brother Theotis Taylor
- Buillon – We Had A Good Time
- Bully – SUGAREGG
- Bumper – Pop songs 2020
- Buscabulla – Regresa
- Cable Ties – Far Enough
- Cafe Racer – Shadow Talk
- Caleb Landry Jones – The Mother Stone
- Call Super – Every Mouth Teeth Missing
- Captain Planet – NO VISA
- Caribou – Suddenly
- Carly Rae Jepsen – Dedicated Side B
- Caroline Rose – Superstar
- Channel Tres – I Can’t Go Outside
- Charley Crockett – Welcome To Hard Times
- Charli XCX – how i’m feeling now
- chelmico – maze
- Chester Raj Anand – Strawberry
- Chicano Batman – Invisible People
- Chloe x Halle – Ungodly Hour
- Choir Boy – Gathering Swans
- Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah – Axiom
- Christina Vantzou – Multi National
- Christine and the Queens – La vita nuova
- Chubby & The Gang – Speed Kills
- Cindy Lee – Cat O’ Nine Tails
- Cindy Lee – What’s Tonight To Eternity
- Circles Around The Sun – Circles Around The Sun
- Clams Casino – Instrumental Relics
- Clap! Clap! – Liquid Portraits
- CMON – Confusing Mix of Nations
- Cold Beat – Mother
- Colter Wall – Western Swing & Waltzed and Other Punchy Songs
- Couch Prints – Tell U
- Country Westerns – Country Westerns
- Crack Cloud – Pain Olympics
- Crisman – Crisman
- Cut Copy – Freeze, Melt
- Cut Worms – Nobody Lives Here Anymore
- Cuushe – Waken
- Dan Deacon – Mystic Familiar
- Daniel Avery – Love + Light
- Daniel Avery & Alessandro Cortini – Illusion of Time
- Daniel Blumberg – On&On
- Darkside – PSYCHIC LIVE JULY 17 2014
- Deep Sea Diver – Impossible Weight
- Deeper – Auto-Pain
- Deerhoof – Future Teenage Cave Artists
- Dehd – Flower of Devotion
- Deli Girls – BOSS
- Dent May – Late Checkout
- Denzel Curry & Kenny Beats – Unlocked
- Deradoorian – Find The Sun
- Desire Marea – DESIRE
- Destroyer – Have We Met
- Devon Williams – A Tear In The Fabric
- Dezron Douglas & Brandee Younger – Force Majeure
- Dinner Party – Dinner Party
- Dirty Projectors – Flight Tower
- Dirty Projectors – Windows Open
- Disclosure – Ecstasy
- Discovery Zone – Remote Control
- Disq – Collector
- DJ Lostboi – The Blue Stallion
- DJ Lostboi & Torus – The Flash
- Dog Day – Present
- Dogleg – Melee
- Domenique Dumont – People On Sunday
- Doug Carn, Adrian Younge & Ali Shaheed Muhummad – Doug Carn JID005
- DRAMA – Dance Without Me
- Dua Lipa – Future Nostalgia
- Dua Saleh – ROSETTA
- Duke Deuce – Memphis Massacre 2
- Dukes Of Chutney – Hazel
- Duma – Duma
- Duval Timothy – Help
- E.M.M.A. – Indigo Dream
- Eartheater – Phoenix: Flames Are Dew Upon My Skin
- El Michels Affair – Adult Themes
- Ela Minus – Acts of Rebellion
- Ellis – Born Again
- Elysia Crampton – ORCORARA 2010
- Emancipator – Mountain Of Memory
- Emma Ruth Rundle & Thou – May Our Chambers Be Full
- Empress Of – I’m Your Empress Of
- En Attendant Ana – Juillet
- Esther Rose – My Favorite Mistakes
- Eyeliner – Drop Shadow
- Ezra Feinberg – Recumbent Speech
- FACS – Void Moments
- Falcon Jane – Faith
- Faten Kanaan – A Mythology Of Circles
- Fenne Lily – BREACH
- Fiona Apple – Fetch The Bolt Cutters
- Fleet Foxes – Shore
- Flora Yin-Wong – Holy Palm
- Fontaines D.C. – A Hero’s Death
- Fortunato Durutti Marinetti – Desire
- Four Tet – Sixteen Oceans
- Frances Quinlan – Likewise
- Freddie Gibbs & The Alchemist – Alfredo
- Galore – Galore
- Ganser – Just Look At That Sky
- Garcia Peoples – Nightcap at Wits’ End
- Georgia – Seeking Thrills
- Gia Margaret – Mia Gargaret
- Gigi Masin – Calypso
- Gil Scott-Heron & Makaya McCraven – We’re New Again – A Reimagining by Makaya McCraven
- Gorillaz – Song Machine, Season One: Strange Timez
- Green-House – Six Songs for Invisible Gardens
- Greg Fox – Contact
- Grimes – Miss Anthropocene
- GUM – Out In The World
- Gum Country – Somewhere
- Gum Country – Somewhere
- Gunn-Truscinski Duo – Soundkeeper
- Gupi – None
- H.C. McEntire – Eno Axis
- Haiku Hands – Haiku Hands
- Hailu Mergia – Yene Mircha
- Haleek Maul – Errol
- Half Waif – The Caretaker
- Hamerkop – Remote
- Hanni El Khatib – FLIGHT
- Hazel English – Wake UP!
- Heather Trost – Petrichor
- Heathered Pearls – Cast
- Helena Deland – Someone New
- Hilary Woods – Birthmarks
- HMLTD – West of Eden
- Holy Fawn – The Black Moon
- Holy Fuck – Deleter
- Holy Hive – Float Back To You
- Holy Wave – Interloper
- Honey Cutt – Coasting
- Honey Harper – Starmaker
- Horse Lords – The Common Task
- Hum – Inlet
- I Break Horses – Warnings
- Ian Isiah – AUNTIE
- Ian William Craig – Red Sun Through Smoke
- Iceblink – Carpet Cocoon
- Ichiko Aoba – Windswept Adan
- IDLES – Ultra Mono
- India Jordan – For You
- Irreversible Entanglements – Who Sent You?
- Isla Den – Virtual Garden
- Isola – EP1
- Ivan Ave – Double Goodbyes
- J Hus – Big Conspiracy
- J-Felix – Whole Again Hooligan
- Jacaszek – Gardenia
- Jacaszek – Music For Film
- Jackie Lynn – Jacqueline
- Jaga Jazzist – Pyramid
- Jah9 – Note To Self
- James Krivchenia – A New Found Relaxation
- Jay Electronica – A Written Testimony
- Jeff Parker – Suite For Max Brown
- Jeff Rosenstock – NO DREAM
- Jennifer Castle – Monarch Season
- Jerry Paper – Abracadabra
- Jerskin Fendrix – Winterreise
- Jess Williamson – Sorceress
- Jesse Kivel – Infinite Jess
- Jessie Ware – What’s Your Pleasure?
- Jessy Lanza – All The Time
- JFDR – New Dreams
- Jim-E Stack – EPHEMERA
- Jockstrap – Wicked City
- Joel Ross – Who Are You?
- John Carroll Kirby – My Garden
- Jon McKiel – Bobby Joe Hope
- Jonah Mutono – GERG
- Jonah Yano – souvenir
- Jordan Reyes – Sand Like Stardust
- Julianna Barwick – Healing Is A Miracle
- Jyoti – Mama, You Can Bet!
- K-Lone – Cape Cira
- Ka – Descendants of Cain
- Kacy Hill – Is It Selfish If We Talk About Me Again
- Kahil El’Zabar – Kahil El’Zabar’s America The Beautiful
- Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith – The Mosaic of Transformation
- Kalbells – Mothertime
- Kaleida – Odyssey
- Kalen & Aslyn – Back Of Our Minds
- Kamaal Williams – Wu Hen
- Kassa Overall – I THINK I’M GOOD
- Kate Bollinger – A world becomes a sound
- Kate NV – Room For The Moon
- Katie Dey – Mydata
- Katie Gately – Loom
- Katie Pruitt – Expectations
- Katy J Pearson – Return
- KeiyaA – Forever, Ya Girl
- Keleketla! – Keleketla!
- Kelly Lee Owens – Inner Song
- Kelly Moran & Prurient – Chain Reaction At Dusk
- Kestrels – Dream Or Don’t Dream
- Kevin Krauter – Full Hand
- Kevin Morby – Sundowner
- Khotin – Finds You Well
- Khruangbin – Late Night Tales
- King Krule – Man Alive!
- Kingdom – Neurofire
- Kllo – Maybe We Could
- Klô Pelgag – Notre-Dame-des-Sept-Douleurs
- KMRU – Peel
- Knot – Knot
- Knxwledge – 1988
- Konradsen – Rodeo No. 5
- L’Eclair – Noshtta
- LA Priest – GENE
- Land of Talk – Indiscint Conversations
- Laura Groves – A Private Road
- Laura Marling – Song For Our Daughter
- Laurel Halo – Possessed (Original Score)
- Le Ren – Morning & Melancholia
- Lee Ranaldo & Raul Refree – Names of North End Women
- Leifur James – Angel In Disguise
- Leo Takami – Felis Catus and Silence
- LEYA – Flood Dream
- Lianne La Havas – Lianne La Havas
- Lido Pimienta – Miss Colombia
- Lil Uzi Very – Eternal Atake
- Lily Konigsberg – It’s Just Like All The Clouds
- Lindstrøm & Prins Thomas – III
- Lithics – Tower of Age
- Little Dragon – New Me, Same Us
- Little Simz – Drop 6
- Liv.e – Couldn’t Wait To Tell You…
- Locate S,1 – Personalia
- Loma – Don’t Shy Away
- Lomelda – Hannah
- Lorenzo Senni – Scacco Matto
- Loving – If I Am Only My Thoughts
- Lowell Brams & Sufjan Stevens – Aporia
- Lucrecia Dalt – No era sólida
- Luis Pestana – Rosa Pano
- Lunch Money Life – Immersion Chamber
- Lyra Pramuk – Fountain
- Mach-Hommy – Mach’s Hard Lemonade
- Machine Girl – U-Void Synthesizer
- Machinedrum – A View Of U
- Madeline Kenney – Sucker’s Lunch
- Magdalena Bay – A Little Rhythm and a Wicked Feeling
- Magik Markers – 2020
- Makaya McCraven – Universal Beings E&F Sides
- Mamalarky – Mamalarky
- Maral – Push
- Marcos Valle, Adrian Younge & Ali Shaheed Muhammad – Marcos Valle JID003
- Marie Davidson & L’œil Nu – Renegade Breakdown
- Marlowe – Marlowe 2
- Mary Lattimore – Silver Ladders
- Material Girl – Tangram
- Matt Berninger – Serpentine Prison
- MAYBEL – Gathering
- Medhane – Cold Water
- Megan Thee Stallion – Good News
- Megan Thee Stallion – Suga
- Merce Lemon – Moonth
- Meridian Brothers – Cumbia siglo XXI
- METZ – Atlas Vending
- Mica Levi – Ruff Dog
- Midwife – Forever
- MIKE – Weight of the World
- Mild Minds – MOOD
- Mint Field – Sentimiento Mundial
- MJ Guider – Sour Cherry Bell
- Moaning – Uneasy Laughter
- Moby – All Visible Objects
- Molchat Doma – Monument
- Moodymann – Taken Away
- Moor Mother – Circuit City
- Moses Boyd – Dark Matter
- Moses Sumney – græ
- Mountain Man – Look At Me Don’t Look At Me
- Mura Masa – R.Y.C
- Myrkur – Folkesange
- Nadia Reid – Out of My Province
- Naeem – Startisha
- Nailah Hunter – Spells
- Nana Adjoa – Big Dreaming Ants
- Nana Grizol – South Somewhere Else
- Nap Eyes – Snapshot of a Beginner
- Natalia Lafourcade – Un canto por México Vol. 1
- Nation of Language – Introduction, Presence
- Navy Blue – Àdá Irin
- Nazar – Guerilla
- Neil Young – Homegrown
- Nick Cave – Idiot Prayer
- Nick Hakim – WILL THIS MAKE ME GOOD
- Nicolas Godin – Concrete and Glass
- Nicolas Jaar – Telas
- Nicolas Jaar – Cenizas
- Nídia – Não Fales Nela Que A Mentes
- Nídia – S/T
- Nihiloxica – Kaloli
- NNAMDÏ – BRAT
- No Joy – Motherhood
- North Americans – Roped In
- Noveller – Arrow
- nthng – Hypnotherapy
- Nubya Garcia – Source
- NZCA/Lines – Pure Luxury
- Oceanator – This I Never Said
- Ohmme – Fantasize Your Ghost
- ohslo – Honeymoon
- Okay Kaya – Watch This Liquid Pour Itself
- Okkyung Lee – Yeo-Neun
- Oklou – Galore
- Oneohtrix Point Never – Magic Oneohtrix Point Never
- Ono – Red Summer
- Onyx Collective – Manhattan Special
- OOIOO – nijimusi
- Open Mike Eagle – Anime, Trauma and Divorce
- Ora Cogan – Bells In The Ruins
- Order of the Toad – Re-Order of the Toad
- Oscar Jerome – Breathe Deep
- Otto – Clam Day
- Overcoats – The Fight
- Owen – The Avalanche
- Owen Pallett – Island
- P.E. – Person
- Pa Salieu – Send Them To Coventry
- Pallbearer – Forgotten Days
- Pantayo – Pantayo
- Peaking Lights – E S C A P E
- Peel – Peel
- Peel Dream Magazine – Agitprop Alterna
- Perfume Genius – Set My Heart On Fire Immediately
- Phoebe Bridgers – Punisher
- Photay – Waking Hours
- Pia Fraus – Empty Parks
- Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs – Viscerals
- Pink Siifu – Negro
- Pink Siifu & Fly Anakin – FlySiifu’s
- Plants and Animals – The Jungle
- Pole – Fading
- POLIÇA – When We Stay Alive
- Porridge Radio – Every Bad
- Potatohead People – Mellow Fantasy
- Pottery – Welcome To Bobby’s Motel
- Preservation – Eastern Medicine, Western Illness
- Priscilla Ermel – Origens Da Luz
- Private World – Aleph
- Protomartyr – Ultimate Success Today
- Psychic Markers – Psychic Markers
- Public Practice – Gentle Grip
- Pure X – Pure X
- Purity Ring – WOMB
- PVA – Toner
- Quelle Chris & Chris Keys – Innocent Country 2
- Quin Kirchner – The Shadows and The Light
- R Boyd & Dusk – High Country Skyway
- R.A.P. Ferreira – Purple Moonlight Pages
- Raft Of Trash – Fantasy Chapel
- Rejoicer – Spiritual Sleaze
- Ribbon Stage – My Favorite Shrine
- Ric Wilson – They Call Me Disco
- Riches – Fantasy Chapel
- Rico Nasty – Nightmare Vacation
- RIKI – Riki
- Rina Sawayama – SAWAYAMA
- RJD2 – The Fun Ones
- RMR – Drug Dealing Is A Lost Art
- Rob Mazurek & Exploding Star Orchestra – Dimensional Stardust
- Roc Marciano – Mt. Marci
- Róisín Murphy – Róisín Machine
- Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever – Sideways To New Italy
- Romare – Home
- Rone – Room With A View
- Roy Ayers, Adrian Younge & Ali Shaheed Muhammad – Roy Ayers JID002
- Run The Jewels – RTJ4
- Ryan Garbes – Tabbed View
- S.G. Goodman – Old Time Feeling
- Salem – Fires In Heaven
- Sam Amidon – Sam Amidon
- Sam Gendel – DRM
- Sam Gendel – Satin Doll
- Sam Prekop – Comma
- Samia – The Baby
- Sarah Davachi – Cantus, Descant
- SAULT – UNTITLED (Rise)
- SAULT – UNTITLED (Black Is)
- Sea Oleena – Weaving A Basket
- Sevdaliza – Shabrang
- Shabaka and the Ancestors – We Are Sent Here by History
- Shabason, Krgovich & Harris – Philadelphia
- Shabazz Palaces – The Don Of Diamond Dreams
- Shinchi Atobe – Yes
- Shirley Collins – Heart’s Ease
- Shopping – All Or Nothing
- Shy Boys – Talk Loud
- Shygirl – ALIAS
- Sign Libra – Sea to Sea
- Silvia Tarozzi – Mi specchio e rifletto
- Sinead O’Brien – Drowning In Blessings
- Skee Mask – ISS005
- Skee Mask – ISS006
- Skullcrusher – Skullcrusher
- Slauson Malone – Vergangedheitsbewaltigung
- Slow Pulp – Moveys
- Soccer Mommy – color theory
- Soela – Genuine Silk
- Sofia Kourtesis – Sarita Colonia
- Softcore untd. – Bygger Opp, River Ned
- Sonic Boom – All Things Being Equal
- Sorry – 925
- Sotomayor – Orígenes
- Southern Shores – Siena
- Space Afrika – hybtwibt?
- Sparkle Division – To Feel Embraced
- Special Interest – The Passion Of
- Squarepusher – Be Up A Hello
- Squirrel Flower – I Was Born Swimming
- Still House Plants – Fast Edit
- Sufjan Stevens – The Ascension
- SUMAC – May You Be Held
- Sun Araw – Rock Sutra
- Sunwatchers – Oh Yeah?
- Surprise Chef – Daylight Savings
- Suso Saíz & Suzanne Kraft – Between No Things
- Suss – Promise
- Swamp Dogg – Sorry You Couldn’t Make It
- Sweeping Promises – Hunger For A Way Out
- Sweet Whirl – How Much Works
- Sylvan Esso – Free Love
- Sylvan Esso – With Love
- Sylvan Esso – WITH
- Tame Impala – The Slow Rush
- Tan Cologne – Cave Vaults On The Moon In New Mexico
- Tenci – My Heart Is An Open Field
- Tennis – Swimmer
- Teyana Taylor – The Album
- Thanya Iyer – KIND
- The Avalanches – We Will Always Love You
- The Beths – Jump Rope Gazers
- The Budos Band – Long In The Tooth
- The Buttertones – Jazzhound
- The Cradle – Laughing In My Sleep
- The Districts – You Know I’m Not Going Anywhere
- The Flaming Lips – American Head
- The Garden – Kiss My Super Bowl Ring
- The Homesick – The Big Exercise
- The Innocence Mission – See You Tomorrow
- The Koreatown Oddity – Little Dominique’s Nosebleed
- The Microphones – Microphones In 2020
- The Mountain Goats – Getting Into Knives
- The Seshen – CYAN
- The Soft Pink Truth – Shall We Go On Sinning So That Grace May Increase?
- The Strokes – The New Abnormal
- The Wants – Container
- The Weeknd – After Hours
- They Hate Change – 666 Central Ave
- Thiago Nassif – Mente
- Thibault – Or Not Thibault
- This Daze – This Daze EP
- Thundercat – It Is What It Is
- Tidiane Thiam – Siftorde
- Tkay Maidza – Last Year Was Weird Vol 2
- Tobacco – Hot, Wet & Sassy
- TOKiMONSTA – Oasis Nocturno
- Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes – What Kinda Music
- Tomberlin – Projections
- Tony Allen & Hugh Masekela – Rejoice
- TootArd – Migrant Birds
- TOPS – I Feel Alive
- TORRES – Silver Tongue
- Trace Mountains – Lost In The Country
- Trayer Tryon – New Forever
- Tricky – Fall To Pieces
- TSHA – Flowers
- Turning Jewels Into Water – Our Reflection Adorned By Newly Formed Stars
- Two People – Second Body
- U.S. Girls – Heavy Light
- Ulla – Tumbling Towards A Wall
- Ultraísta – Sister
- Uniform – Shame
- Various Artists – Pacific Breeze Volume 2: Japanese City Pop, AOR & Boogie 1972-1986
- Vile Creature – Glory, Glory! Apathy Took Helm!
- Wajatta – Don’t Let Get You Down
- Wares – Survival
- Warmth – Life
- Washed Out – Purple Noon
- waveform* – Last Room
- Wax Chattels – Clot
- Waxahatchee – Saint Cloud
- Wendy Eisenberg – Auto
- Westerman – Your Hero Is Not Dead
- Why Bonnie – Voice Box
- Widowspeak – Plum
- Wilma Archer – A Western Circular
- Wilsen – Ruiner
- Windy & Carl – Allegiance and Conviction
- Winter – Endless Space (Between You & I)
- WL – ADHD
- Wolf Parade – Thin Mind
- Women – Rarities 2007-2010
- Woods – Strange To Explain
- Working Men’s Club – Working Men’s Club
- Wye Oak – No Horizon
- Yaeji – WHAT WE DREW 우리가 그려왔던
- Yalc123 – Yalc Nitsua Mailliw
- Yo La Tengo – Sleepless Nights
- Yo La Tengo – We Have Amnesia Sometimes
- youbet – Compare and Despair
- Young Jesus – Welcome To Conceptual Beach
- Ytamo – Vacant
- Yumi Zouma – Truth or Consequences
- Yves Jarvis – Sundry Rock Song Stock
- Yves Tumor – Heaven To A Tortured Mind
- Zebra Katz – LESS IS MOOR
- Zeroh – BLQLYTE
- Ziemba – True Romantic
- Zora Jones – Ten Billion Angels
- 박혜진 Park Hye Jin – How can I