An unnatural phenomenon went down when I made this list.
For one, there’s 2 hardcore albums (Fucked Up and Iceage), there’s a hip-hop album and an r&b album. If we were to rewind a year or two, you would not see a single rap, hardcore or r&b album on this list.
The craziest thing is that the hip hop album is #2 and the r&b is #1. My tastes have obviously evolved into a more encompassing view.
If one says that I could not possibly enjoy all of this music, well then you are mistaken, friend.
Have a look around, take a listen to some tracks, they’re all very good I guarantee it. I’ll update this by the end of the year! Good fun time, huh?
25. Unknown Mortal Orchestra – Unknown Mortal Orchestra
How Can U Love Me?
24. Austra – Feel It Break
23. Ty Segall – Goodbye Bread
You Make the Sun Fry
22. Hooray for Earth – True Loves
21. Grouper – A | A
I Saw A Ray
20. Iceage – New Brigade
19. PJ Harvey – Let England Shake
The Words That Maketh Murder
18. Fucked Up – David Comes to Life
The Other Shoe
17. Toro Y Moi – Underneath the Pine
16. SBTRKT – SBTRKT
15. Cults – Cults
You Know What I Mean
14. Bon Iver – Bon Iver
13. Yuck – Yuck
12. James Blake – James Blake
The Wilhelm Scream
11. Battles – Gloss Drop
Ice Cream (feat. Matias Aguayo)
10. Ford and Lopatin – Channel Pressure
9. Smith Westerns – Dye It Blonde
8. Cut Copy – Zonoscope
Pharaohs and Pyramids
7. Fleet Foxes – Helplessness Blues
6. White Denim – D
5. Gang Gang Dance – Eye Contact
4. Panda Bear – Tomboy
3. Tune-Yards – WHOKILL
2. Shabazz Palaces – Black Up
Are You… Can You… Were You? (Felt)
1. The Weeknd – House of Balloons